Bad Journalism + Biased Editor = The Gray News

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pat Mundy upset with Ray Clark: more of her letter

More of Pat Mundy’s letter. In this excerpt, she is taking issue with another thing Ray Clark does: use peoples’ names in the paper, but he never ever calls them to get their side. When Ray Clark uses people’s names, sometimes it’s to make fun of them, or sometimes it’s to try and ride their coattails toward higher credibility. It is the latter that Mrs. Mundy caught Ray Clark doing, and called him out on it.

She says that Ray Clark “proceeds to carry on for a whole page of insults and innuendoes and untruths which were obviously designed by him to raise the emotions of readers by his “poor me” story. My name was mentioned many times. Not once has Ray Clark ever asked me a question about the past history of The Gray News or my part in it-not about the circumstance, not about anything! Yet he rambles on and on reciting my actions as though he heard it from me, or reported that I “was quoted as saying,” without even asking me if the quote was correct...”

“... I was very disturbed when I read his article. But, I thought he’d let out his frustration and get on with the purpose of the Gray News. I was wrong, again. The next week, there’s my name again! Still no conversation with me. I had to call a Director to explain that I am a private citizen, that I have not spoken in public nor written a public letter for years, and that I couldn’t tell if Ray Clark was trying to destroy my credibility or to build his own up by trying to attach to mine, but please ask him to stop.”

4 Comments:

  • Gray Any-Thing-But-News

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 PM  

  • You rant like a bitch

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 PM  

  • Then I should bitch-slap you for saying that.

    By Blogger Gray Maine, at 6:50 PM  

  • Biasbuster, Pat Mundy's letter was by itself a noticeable inquisition of the credibility of the Gray News. Let that letter fly from your pole.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home